Pages

Monday, 27 August 2012

Sunset Mountain Yoga Retreat - my stay in Ibiza


Sunset Mountain Yoga Retreat Ibiza – review of my stay.

Where do I start, it was a wonderful one week at the yoga retreat. This yoga retreat is located in a secluded place in Ibiza. The villa is really big and cozy, with lovely rooms with an individual outside space, all day snacks are available in the kitchen and living area with wi-fi. Outside the most wonderful infinity swimming pool with fresh water and jacuzzi. You can relax on the sun beds and top up your tan after your yoga practise.

We had 3 hours a day of yoga practise with Lena, our yoga teacher. Three hours of theory per week is also included in the programme. The whole week yoga practise is constructed in such a way that even if you had never practised yoga you can easily cope and if you had practised before, you will never be bored as the poses and practise are very varied and there is always a challenge in store for every day.



Lena is a wonderful yoga teacher who is very passionate about yoga, she lives and breathes yoga and you get the bug of yoga into your life making you think how to incorporate ayurveda philosophy into your life, a particularily difficult task when you are a Londoner but I can always try.





All the meals are included in the price and are freshly prepared every day at the kitchen. Every day we had a very varied selection of vegetarian dishes, even though I am not a vegetarian it really made me want to become one as the food was so delicious. I will miss the food, so yummy!




Another thing I will miss is the cat which lives in the retreat, Feliz. She is the most adorable white and ginger cat who lots her leg after meeting some evil dog. She loves cuddles and is very cute.




For the party addicts who come to Ibiza – if you are worried that you might overdose on yoga, the good news is that the yoga practise starts at 8am on the first day and then it's at 5pm and then again at 8pm and so on so you can still go out on some days and enjoy Ibiza while not missing out on yoga practise. Good for people who like to have the best of both worlds. :-) In personal opinion, the best places to go out are Blue Marlin (best on Sundays) and Ushwaraya.

I asked Lena to consider coming to London for winter with some yoga workshops. I think I will struggle to find a better yoga teacher in London so I hope she will come! I will keep you posted, fingers crossed.

Thank you Lena and all the staff at the retreat for a wonderful time! We hope to be back soon.


4 comments: